Saturday 30 May 2015

Rumpelstiltskin Concertina Book

This is the result of a brief for the visual narrative project in which we had to retell the Rumpelstiltskin fairytale and interpret the story using our own visual style.
For the cover I cut out the lettering by hand and glued it to a prepared gold coloured board.
I used a mixture of print and collage inside. I wanted to simplify the sequence by using a consistent medium and chose to not use text to elucidate the narrative events. I wanted there to be room for personal interpretation.
I find the concertina format allows me sufficient freedom to continue an ongoing story allowing the viewer the choice of focusing on a single panel or the entire sequence.
I assumed the viewer's prior knowledge of Rumpelstiltskin for the story to be recognisable as that particular fairytale.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...